Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday in Port-au-Prince

Most of us have been sleeping under one big tarp after a few nights in a row of tremors. But due to snoring in stereo, I've been unable to sleep for 3 nights. This morning, after my third sleepless night in the tent, with my first sip of coffee on my lips, our team leader asks me to get in the truck and go. Off we head to PaP airport to drop off a teammate, then to a partner ministry center to check in, on to the only hardware store for screws, hooks, tarps, lock and chain for the generator, then to pick up a pastor and his wife at the hospital so we could take them home and have a moment of prayer with them. It was a blessing to encourage and pray for this dear couple in French – and this is why we’re here. SEVEN HOURS later, we arrived back at the HQ. Brian, for his part, attended a UN Food Cluster meeting: a four-hour activity with driving, in order to get Touch Global on the official UN list of aid organizations. These are little things that mean a lot.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:07 AM

    Sarah, We are praying for your entire team. I will pray for a good night sleep for you. I know Rob said he doesn't sleep well either. Will pray that with sleep a precious commodity that you all can love on each other and be sustained by the Lord. It's been awesome to see the different views on what you are all doing there. Sometimes as I read yours and then Rob's and then Mike and Linda's blogs I wonder if you are all serving in the same place and then you all see the same God sighting and we know you are all in Haiti together. Thank you for serving.
    Jackie Passer (yes Rob's wife)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brian and Sarah,

    Still praying for you and for the people of Haiti. I'm praying that the Kingdom of God will advance mightily there, and that God's glory and His redemption will be on display through His people. Keep up the good work, and may God bless you with a special portion of His grace!

    Love,

    Joe

    ReplyDelete